Medik8 Titanium Skin Needling
Want the most advanced results in the world of Non-invasive Beauty?
A Safe, Simple and virtually pain free treatment for: –
- To restore firmness and tightness to flaccid skin
- To improve overall skin quality and texture by thickening the epidermis
- To smooth wrinkles, lines and folds
- Improves the appearance of large pores
- To reduce the appearance of atrophic and hypertrophic scars
- To improve scars caused by acne, chicken pox, urn or accident/injury
- To help relax old scars
- To diminish the appearance of old surgical scars
- To lighten pigmentation marks
- To improve the appearance of stretch marks
- To improve the appearance of cellulite
About Medik8 Titanium Skin Needling
Medik8 Titanium Skin Needling is a safe and increasingly popular skin renewal technique to restore the healthy youthful appearance of your skin at a fraction of the cost of comparable treatments and with minimal or zero downtime.
Titanium Skin needling produces comparable results to “ablative techniques” such as lasers, dermabrasion and deep chemical peels, but is much less invasive and does not require the removal of the skin surface and as a result, healing time is shorter and there is no post-treatment sensitivity to UV light.
It is also one of the few skin therapies that is suitable for treating all skin types, including ethnic skin and fragile skin around the eyes, mouth, hands, neck and décolletage.
Visible signs of skin rejuvenation are usually seen after just 6 weeks following treatment and will continue to improve for up to a year or more.
Medik8 normally recommend a minimum course of 3 Titanium Dermal Roller Skin Needling treatments at around 6-8 week intervals to achieve optimum results.
FAQ for Medik8 Titanium Skinrolla
Q. Will I need to have an initial consultation for Skinrolla Roller treatments?
A. Yes, an initial consultation with our Cosmetic Doctor is absolutely necessary to determine suitability for this treatment.
Q. What are the visible benefits of Skinrolla treatments?
A. Micro Skin Needling is a safe and effective procedure that can produce some amazing results. Generally, the skin has an improved texture and looks brighter and more radiant. Other marked benefits include the improvement in wrinkles, fine lines and enlarged pores. Overall the skin becomes firmer and more youthful in appearance.
Q. How many derma roller treatments do I need?
A. Medik8 recommend a minimum of 3 skin needling sessions, 6 weeks apart for optimal effect. Skin needling procedures can be repeated without limit every 6 weeks. Even after the first session, clients begin to see improvements in their skin.
Q. What can I expect after the Skinrolla treatment?
A. The downtime for Skinrolla treatments is around 48 hours. We would recommend that the procedure is not carried out the day before a special occasion or event. Common effects that normally subside within 48 hours are; redness, swelling, stinging and itching, sensitivity to touch and tightness. After care advice will be provided by our Cosmetic Doctor following your treatment.
Q. Is the microneedling procedure painful?
A. The procedure is virtually pain-free as a local anaesthetic would be applied to the area approximately 45 minutes prior to treatment. This has a localised numbing effect and makes the procedure comfortable.
Q. Is there any reason why I cannot have Skinrolla treatments?
A. There are a few contraindications to having microneedling treatments. Always provide a detailed medical history including any over-the- counter medication you may be taking. Any concerns can be dealt with during the initial consultation with Dr Qureshi who will then make an assessment on your suitability for treatment.
In general it is not suitable for patients who:
- Have used Roaccutane (isotretinoin) within the last 3 months.
- Have open wounds, cuts or abrasions to the skin.
- Have had radiation treatment within the last year.
- Have a current outbreak of herpes simplex (cold sores) or any other infection or chronic skin condition in the area to be treated.
- Have areas of the skin that are numb or lack sensation.
- Are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Have a history of keloid or hypertrophic scars or poor wound healing.
Find Out More
For more information or to arrange a complimentary consultation with Cosmetic Doctor and Aesthetic Expert, Dr Qureshi please call our Glasgow office on 0141 573 1473. Alternatively you can Email Luxe Skin or complete our online Enquiry Form. However you choose to contact us, you can be sure that our friendly, professional staff will treat your request with complete discretion.